- Institution: Galician Viticulture and Enology Station (EVEGA) -Galician Institute of Food Quality (INGACAL)
- Department/Service: Oenology-Oenological Microbiology
Ponte San Clodio s/n
32428 Leiro (Ourense)
- Web: http://evega.xunta.gal
Pilar Blanco Camba
Phone number: (+34) 988788091
Microbial group/s: Yeasts
Total number of strains: Not specified.
Taxa (number of strains):
Saccharomyces cerevisiae (96)
Isolation source/Origin: Must, grape and during the spontaneous fermentation of musts of native grape varieties of Galicia.
Preservation method: YPD/Glicerol -70 °C
Information management: There is not a computerized catalogue of the collection.
Characterization level:Identification at species level (strain level in S. cerevisiae)
oenology, wine microbiology, yeasts, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, non-Saccharomyces
- Genetic characterization of wine yeasts from Galicia
- Selection and application of strains and species with oenological potential
- Application of non-Saccharomyces yeasts to obtain wines of differentiated quality and to mitigate the effects of climate change.