- Institution: National Microbiology Centre (Institute of Health Carlos III (ISCIII))
- Department/Service: Micology Service
Ctra. de Majadahonda a Pozuelo Km 2,5
28220 Majadahonda (Madrid)
- Web: http://www.isciii.es
Ana Alastruey Izquierdo
Phone number: (+34) 918223784
Definition: Collection of filamentous fungi and yeasts isolated from human infections.
Microbial group/s: Filamentous Fungi and Yeasts.
Total number of strains: >19000 strains
Taxa (number of strains):
-Filamentous Fungi (>9000)
Isolation source/Origin: Human infections.
-Filamentous fungi: suspension of spores in water at 4 ° C and cryotubes -20 ° C
-Yeasts: in water at 4 ° C and lyophilized
Information management: Data base
Characterization level: Basic characteristics. About half are molecularly identified. Antifungal sensitivity study in a third of the collection.
Internal: Internal use for the service and its collaborators.
External: Occasionally, they are sent to other research centers that collaborate with our team members.
Key words: filamentous fungi, yeasts, human pathogens, antifungals, diagnosis, epidemiology, typing.
- Identification and typing of human pathogenic fungi
- Development of diagnostic methods, antifungal sensitivity techniques and study of resistance mechanisms
- Development of fungal infection models.
- Study of the pathogenesis of human pathogenic fungi. Pathogen-host interactions
- Epidemiology of human pathogenic fungi
- Monitoring of antifungal levels