- Institution: The Dairy Research Institute of Asturias (IPLA)- Spanish National Research Council (CSIC)
- Department/Service: Functional Dairy Cultures Group
Paseo Río Linares s/n
33300 Villaviciosa (Asturias)
- Web: http://www.ipla.csic.es
Baltasar Mayo Pérez
Phone number: (+34) 985893345
Microbial group/s: Bacteria (majority), some Filamentous fungi and yeast
Total number of strains: 940
Taxa (number of strains):
Lactic acid bacteria: cheese, milk and fermented milk, and gastrointestinal tract.
Yeasts and Filamentous fungi: Maturation process of Cabrales Cheese.
Preservation method: Glicerol, -80°C.
Information management: Excel
The strains are identified by molecular techniques and, in many cases, typified by RAPD, REP-PCR, or PFGE techniques.
- Material for research is transferred to interested groups under the signature of the corresponding MTA
- The strains are also available to companies, under assignment and / or license contracts
lactic-acid bacteria, bifidobacteria, starter cultures, ferments, probiotics
- Selection of lactic-acid bacteria for utilization as starter or djunct cultures
- Selection of lactic-acid bacteria and bifidobacteria for its utilization as a probiotic